- Learn to arrange music effectively for instruments, individually and combined.
- Study scoring conventions and orchestral literature.
- Perform arrangements and transcriptions.
- Pre-requisites: Intermediate and Advanced Music Theory courses
- Co-requisites: None
- Background: Music notation skills; reading various clefs; understanding transposition
For the Student
- Excerpts in Score
- Scoring Projects
- Foreign Terms
- Historical Development of Instruments
- Foreign Terms for Note Names
- Guide to Orchestral Instruments
- Orchestral Instrumentation Shorthand
- Transcriptions of Piano Music for Orchestra
For the Instructor
Contact us for additional materials:
- Orchestration Course Overview
- Orchestration Topics
- Discussing Excerpts in Score
- Sample Solutions for Scoring Projects
Sounds, Sources, and Symbols
Orchestral String Instruments